Monday, September 10, 2012

NEW* Luxe Box / Fall 2012

Beauty products to a girl is like candy to a baby. Am I right? That's why I was super excited to finally receive my *New seasonal Luxe Box! As for a bit of background info on my subscription, I had previously signed up for the monthly Luxe Box. I had paid for a quarterly plan which was 3 consecutive months of this "luxury" beauty box valued at $12 each. Then one day BAM! A month into my subscription Loose Button (the Company owners of Luxe Box) announce that they are discontinuing the monthly boxes for the new and improved seasonal boxes! I was a bit disappointed with my first box, (review on my youtube channel) so my expectations were set quite high for this new $24 beauty box. Will I keep my subscription to Luxe Box? Well let's open up the box and see shall we!

This new shipping packaging sure does make me feel exclusive!



10/10 on the new box design!







I can finally see some more high end brands!








VICHY ProEVEN+ / Ok, Hold up! One of my pet peeves about paying for beauty samples is receiving "squeezy packets". I understand that there are 5 of them but it's not the amount of product that annoys me, it's the fact that it's harder to save leftover product and it gets kinda messy sometimes. Maybe I could just be a slob. Hmm, am I overreacting about this?

LANCOME VISIONNAIRE / This is the second corrector in my box (I prefer variety). At first this did not bother me until I saw this the NEXT day in Flare Magazine...



This is unacceptable Loose Button! I would rather not pay for products in which I can receive for FREE at a beauty counter at The Bay or Shoppers Drugmart. Tsk, Tsk. What a coincidence that I came across this. I should be a detective! **Sings Inspector Gaget theme  song**





Next products up are for hair, skin, and nails.

KERASTASE ELIXIR ULTIME / a scented oil meant for nourishing damaged hair
CHINA GLAZE in ELEPHANT WALK / a grey polish from their "Safari" collection
EXFOLIATING PAD by LOOSE BUTTON / gently removes dead skin cells




So this has to be the BEST part of my box; eye makeup! My makeup routine is never complete without winged eyeliner, lengthening mascara, and some concealer to help me look more awake. I love that all three of these products go hand in hand.

EYEKO SKINNY LIQUID EYELINER / black eyeliner pen
BLINC MASCARA / adds volume and length to lashes by tubing them (HUH?)




This product has to be the most exciting in the box! Im not an eyeshadow wearer but I can certainly use this eye primer for concealer.

BENEFIT STAY DON'T STRAY / a primer that works around your eyes and helps concealer and eyeshadows stay put all day




SEASONAL BOX vs. MONTHLY BOX ?

And the winner is... Seasonal!!

Loose Button has definitely stepped up their game packaging wise (much more elegant) and product wise in terms of better brands and a variety of products (makeup & skin/hair care) The only Dilemma I have is am I really getting my money's worth? Yes there are a few more products in the seasonal boxes but does the cost of these products individually add up to or exceed the $24 seasonal charge? Now I wont get into mathematics but clearly as shown above I could have simply gone to the bay and received that Lancome sample. And to be honest this has previously occurred in in my monthly luxe box.

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

Loose Button is a fairly new company so I will cut them some slack. But if they wanna roll with the big dogs (such as GlossyBox) they need to create more value to their box. So because I am a firm believer on second chances (or third) and more importantly because there is a $12 credit left onto my account, I am going to stay and see how the winter box turns out. If this doesn't work out then... GlossyBox anyone?

Get your hands on a Luxe Box / www.loosebutton.com

Check out my youtube channel for an upcoming review on some of the products:

My first Luxe Box Experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...